I love football. I mean, really love football. I spend my summers looking forward to that first kick-off, and I feel a little blah when Super Bowl Sunday ends each year. But this year I have zero desire to even turn the big game on.
- My Cowboys aren't playing. Yea, I know that sounds a little bitter. But those guys played their tails off this year, and I'm still not over the fact that they won't be on the field Sunday afternoon.
- I just don't like Tom Brady. I'm not sure what it is about him, but I've never liked him. I just can't cheer for any team that has a quarterback I don't like.
- I'm not a fan of Bill Belichick either. He just seems a little shady to me.
- I can't name a single player on the Seahawks team.
- While Katy Perry isn't the last person on my list of people I'd like to watch during halftime, she ranks pretty close to the bottom.
- Before I cared about football, I at least had the commercials. But they have gotten so dumb these days. I'd rather see what everyone is talking about on Twitter, and then watch it Monday on YouTube.
- Have you seen my recent stack of books I'm looking forward to getting into?
- The hubby just reminded me that Earl Thomas, former Longhorn, plays for the Seahawks. Now I know the name of one player on that team. I still don't want to cheer for them.
- I can usually turn on any game and have a desire to cheer for at least one of the teams. This Sunday, I honestly don't care.
- All the good shows started back this week. I'll spend my Sunday catching up on those.
So this Sunday I'll be napping and reading. And watching Twitter. Y'all let me know how the game goes.